Monday 25 March 2013

BROTHERHOOD AND NATIONALISM IN IMYEP 2012


IMYEP 2012 gives me some unforgettable stories, indeed. Since I met other delegates from some provinces of Indonesia at Soekarno-Hatta Airport for the first time, I felt like I knew them for years. I felt a strong brotherhood among all delegates. Togetherness among all delegates of Indonesia has made me feel that I have such a rich country with various tribes, cultures, and languages.

Knowing the various cultures, languages, and also special food from all over Indonesia has given me a new feeling that actually Indonesia’s provinces are close each other. Distance means nothing, there is no reason to be provinciality, we are unity in diversity, Indonesia.

It is very nice to know all delegates from all parts of Indonesia, I have found new brothers and sisters here in IMYEP 2012.


I found another new brothers and sisters when I met delegates from Malaysia. They welcomed Indonesian delegates warmly. The host family was friendly and helpful. Some activities we did together made me feel like I was at home.

But one thing I felt touched was when all delegates from Indonesia sang ‘Tanah Air’ in each traditional costume in the evening of cultural performance. The lyrics that I sang made me miss my homeland, Indonesia. The song grew my nationalism to my country, indeed.


‘….. biarpun saya pergi jauh tidakkan hilang dari kalbu…tanahku tak kulupakan…engkau kubanggakan…’


At last I say that joining IMYEP 2012 gives me some positive impacts of my life :)


By Ari Carolina

Central Java delegate

No comments:

Post a Comment